Apple's SpriteKit is the leading game engine for producing 2D games for iOS. In this course, you'll build clones of Breakout, Pong, and Space Invaders, making both the code and the design for the games from scratch. Even if you've never coded, you'll get caught up on SpriteKit and learn how to use it to make super simple games as well as more complex ones.
- Access 51 lectures & 10.5 hours of content 24/7
- Learn how to navigate SpriteKit's interface
- Put games you've built in SpriteKit in the App Store
- Add code to your game's objects in Xcode
- Apply what you've learned to further experiment in SpriteKit or any other game development framework
John Bura has been programming games since 1997 and teaching since 2002. John is the owner of the game development studio Mammoth Interactive. This company produces XBOX 360, iPhone, iPad, android, HTML 5, ad-games and more. Mammoth Interactive recently sold a game to Nickelodeon! John has been contracted by many different companies to provide game design, audio, programming, level design and project management. To this day John has 40 commercial games that he has contributed to. Several of the games he has produced have risen to number 1 in the Apple's app store. In his spare time John likes to play ultimate Frisbee, cycle and work out.