This course lies at the intersection of four areas: math, finance, computer science, and business. Over this enormous course, you'll cover risk modeling, factor analysis, numerical optimization, and linear and logistic regression by looking at real financial models and examples.
- Access 130 lectures & 14.5 hours of content 24/7
- Model risk using covariance matrices & historical returns
- Calculate Value-at-Risk & understand the implications, strengths, & weaknesses of this approach
- Understand principal components, Eigen values, Eigen vectors, & Eigenvalue decomposition
- Apply PCA to explain the returns of a tech stock like Apple
- Understand the classic linear programming problem setup & the primal & dual problems
- Explore the method of least squares
- Implement multiple regression in Excel, R, & Python
- Discover applications of logistic regression, as well as the link to linear regression & machine learning
Loonycorn is comprised of two individuals—Janani Ravi and Vitthal Srinivasan—who have honed their respective tech expertise at Google and Flipkart. The duo graduated from Stanford University and believes it has distilled the instruction of complicated tech concepts into funny, practical, engaging courses, and is excited to be sharing its content with eager students.